This course on software engineering covers design and implementation of medium-scale software systems, using web applications as a platform. In the course, students learn the fundamentals of structuring a web application and writing modular code, with an emphasis on conceptual design to achieve clarity, simplicity, and modularity. Topics also include functional programming, relational databases, and security.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Evaluate Requirements and Design software systems using common software principles and industry known tools
- Implement, in a programming language, an executable solution to a given problem using best practices.
- Collaborate in teams for development of significantly sized software system.
- Comply with Plagiarism Policies
- Apply appropriate software testing techniques and evaluate the quality of a software product at module, integration and system granularity levels.
- Code CS383L
- Session Fall 2018
- Credit Hours 1
- Contact Hours 2
- Degree Level Undergraduate
- Students 187
- Assessments Yes