Introduction to Computing (Th)
This course assumes that students coming from different academic backgrounds do not possess prior knowledge and understanding of computer science. It will provide basic knowledge about computers and processing information through computers. It includes topics related to computer hardware and software. Major computer science subjects will be delivered to the students which they will study throughout their degree program. These major subjects include computer architecture, software engineering, data structures, operating system, computer networks and databases.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
- CLO1 Solve the problem algorithmically for implementation on computers.
- CLO2 Understand how software go side by side with computer hardware by recognizing operating system, software engineering and databases
- CLO3 Understand computer hardware with memory organization (computer architecture) and data manipulation and its storage.
- CLO4 Recognize distributed network of computers and how they communicate with each other via internet.
- Code CS141
- Session Fall 2018
- Credit Hours 3
- Contact Hours 3
- Degree Level Undergraduate
- Students 101
- Assessments Yes